Technology Manager will be responsible to administer and manage the R&D, hardware development, software and testing functions to meet Takamoto's strategic goals. The Technology Manager will report to the Managing Director and will be responsible for biogas and management technology to improve PAYG biodigesters and company efficiencies.
- Supervise and lead engineers, software specialists and technicians who research and develop new products and procedures.
- Develop overall concepts for new hardware and software products.
- Evaluate and improve manufacturing processes.
- Oversee quality control.
- Supervise employees and mentor junior engineers; develop staff creative problem solving skills.
- Analyze in the field meter data to identify areas for improvement and develop improvements.
- Responsible for managing software activities including in-house development and review of available apps and off the shelf programs to improve management and accounting efficiencies.
- Schedule staff assignments and track projects.
- Check technical accuracy of staff work.
· Provide direction and leadership to technology staff.
· Develop cost estimates, prepare budgets and approve expenditures.
· Hire, train and mentor other engineers and supporting staff.
· Coordinate with senior management and team leaders on implementing company strategy.
The Ideal candidate for Technology Manger would have
· A bachelor’s degree in engineering and minimum 6 years relevant experience.
· Creative problem solver with strong technical and analytic skills.
· Accomplished manager and possessing the ability to delegate effectively.
· Previous project management experience.
· Previous experience designing electronics, software, databases and/or chemical processes preferred.
Who Is Takamoto Biogas?
Takamoto Biogas (www.takamotobiogas.com) is a rapidly growing renewable energy company in Nairobi providing biogas systems to small farmers in rural Kenya.
Building on three years of market research and installation experience, we have developed a first of its kind technology and business model that will bring the many benefits of biogas energy to rural farmers in Kenya. We believe that everyone should have access to clean, reliable, affordable and sustainable energy. We have developed a biogas model called Pay-as-you-go Biogas (PAYG Biogas) where our clients pay a small fee to install a biogas system on their compound and then only pay for the biogas that they use. This model eliminates the main hurdle to traditional biogas adoption – the high upfront cost.
In Kenya alone, there are two million farmers with at least one cow who are potential clients. We have piloted our patent pending technology in Githunguri, installing over 100 systems in less than 7 months. Having proven the demand, we are now preparing to scale up our operations to provide PAYG Biogas to every family that wants it.
On its way to this goal, Takamoto Biogas is looking for a motivated, proactive and creative Technology Manager. This is a rare opportunity to help lead a unique socially responsible organization as we scale a first of its kind technology and an innovative business model to bring energy to the millions at the base of the economic pyramid in Kenya and beyond.
To apply for this position, please fill out application form at www.takamotobiogas.com/join-us/careers