The IEBC offers temporary positions of Voter Registration Assistants (VRAs) to carry out the mass voter registration exercise from February-March, 2016. The exercise will take 30 days and will involve a total of 2,878 officials who will be based at the Ward level. The VRA’s will support the Constituency Registration Officers and Deputy Registration Officers to register new voters.
- The requirements for the Voter Registration Assistants are as follows:
- Be a Kenyan citizen of high integrity, and be non-partisan
- Be holder of a minimum of Diploma qualifications in ICT or other IT related field.
- Access to an android smart phone and basic operation of the same is an added advantage.
- Should have effective communication skills and good report writing skills
- Must be available for the entire period of voter registration
- Age: 21years and above
- Must be residents in the constituency and ward in which they apply for and must quote the same on the application letter and envelope
Duties of the Voter Registration Assistant
- The Voter Registration Assistant expected to work within a particular ward and perform the following duties:
- Publicize the registration activities and movement of the kit within the ward.
- Opening and Closing the registration Centre at the designated time
- Ensure security of the BVR kit Conduct voter registration
- Report the Registration progress to the Registration Officer
- The Voter Registration Assistant MUST meet the weekly registration targets.
Applicants who strictly meet the above requirements should fill the IEBC standard application form available at IEBC offices countrywide and on the Commission's website: www.iebc.or.ke Fully filled Application Forms should be sent to Regional Elections Coordinators (REC).