The Mater Hospital a leading health care provider in the region is seeking to fill the following positions:
1. Ref: MDI/01/2014 - Medical Intern Doctors
The Hospital is accredited by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board to offer placement to newly qualified Doctors for a one year Internship program.
We are seeking to place five  Intern Doctors commencing 1st quarter 2015.
Interested candidates should apply through firstname.lastname@example.org attaching a detailed CV, copies of relevant examination results, including the Medical Board Examination Report for those trained out of the Country.
2. Ref. SR/MD/01/2014 - Surgical Registrar
Reporting to the Medical Director the successful candidates main role is to perform surgical procedures in the Hospital.
Specific duties will include but not limited to:
- Assist in drawing up policies and procedures for the Theatre Unit
- Review patients referred from A&E and other Clinics with surgical needs.
- In liaison with the Consultants, review all surgical in-patients in the Wards and other Units.
- Admit patients from A&E and carry out surgical procedures as necessary.
- Participate in clinics, outreach missions, divisional activities and CPDs.
- Carryout on the job training and mentorship of Medical Officers and Intern Doctors.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Masters in General Surgery
- Competence in Critical Care and Standard Surgical Procedures
- Registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Sound diagnostic and judgement skills
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
1. Ref: MD/RACT/1/2014 - Refrigeration & Air Condition Technician
Reporting to the Assistant Projects and Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others;
- Liaise with contractors to ensure timely and quality servicing is done under Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
- Carry out necessary troubleshooting for all ACs, Fridges, UPSs, Generators to establish repairs and maintenance needed to avoid breakdown/downtime.
- Ensure vital supplies are always in stock for efficient delivery of services.
- Ensure tidiness and safety of workstations and sites.
- Document and maintain records on PPM, Manuals and Supplies.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Refrigeration and Air-conditioning from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years working experience in a very busy hospitality establishment.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Good organization and planning skills.
2. Ref: MD/BT/02/2014 - Biomedical Technologist
Reporting to the Biomedical Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others;
- Develop and implement effective Planned Preventive Maintenance schedules to minimize downtime.
- Coordinate maintenance of medical equipment and work with the Units and Suppliers to ensure that any issues/repairs are addressed for efficient delivery of services.
- Conduct training on medical equipment use and handling.
- Maintaining job cards for each job assigned.
Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Medical Engineering from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Association of Medical Engineering of Kenya.
- 3 years’ experience in medical equipment maintenance in a busy medical institution is highly desirable
- Good organizational, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Must be computer literate.
3. Ref: MD/LS/03/2014 - Laundry Supervisor:
Reporting to the Head Housekeeper, the successful candidates’ responsibility will be but not limited to:
- Establishing procedures and standards to ensure quality laundry services.
- Ensuring efficiency in the cleaning, distribution and safe storage of linen and garments.
- Ensuring proper functioning and maintenance of all the laundry machines and other equipment in the unit.
- Overseeing the inspection of fabrics, mending and fabrication of specialized items.
- Monitor stocks, prepare reports and ensure proper records are maintained on all operations of the unit.
- Supervision, induction of new staff, training and development.
- Higher Diploma in Hotel and Institutional Management or Laundry and Dry Cleaning from a recognized institution.
- Proven experience of at least five (5) years in managing laundry services at a senior level in a large organization, preferably hospitality.
- Training in Supervisory Skills will be an added advantage.
If you are interested in any of the above positions and you have the prerequisite requirements, please send your application together with a detailed CV and 3 referees quoting the reference number for the position to email@example.com to reach us not later than Friday 21st November 2014.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.