Field Operations Manager will be responsible to oversee the implementation and scaling of biogas sales, installation and maintenance for Takamoto PAYG Biogas including supervising field employees, providing direction, feedback, and monitoring performance. The Field Operations Manager reports to the Managing Director and assists in developing budgets, keeps track of expenses, identifies ways to make improvements, and ensures a good rapport is maintained between Takamoto and our customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for Field Managers and coach them in supervising field operations including installations and servicing.
- Manage supply chain of biogas reactors and components.
- Analyse daily meter updates to identify educational needs of clients and potential servicing.
- Monitor meter responses to payments for biogas credit to ensure that all payments are processed effectively.
- Responsible for sales team.
- Ensure compliance with local business regulations
- Ensure necessary insurance covers.
- Maintain relationships with micro finance partners supporting our clients
- Oversee shop operations including hiring personnel and managing sourcing, delivery and inventory of appliances for sale.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction with products and services sold.
- Manage customer service
- Manage operations budget and ensure the clients keep high spending levels on biogas.
- Develop processes for continued scale up of biogas sales and installations.
- Liaise with R&D team to develop necessary technologies and systems to ensure smooth operations.
· Provide direction and leadership to field operations.
· Supervisory responsibility for sales, installation and maintenance of Takamoto PAYG Biogas.
· Recruitment, motivation, selection, training and promotion of Field Managers and operations staff.
· Develop budget for field operations.
· Analyse customer selection and segmentation to refine customer selection practices.
· Support development of automated systems for analysis reports and payment collection.
· Coordinate with Takamoto management to execute company expansion plans.
The Ideal candidate for Field Operations Manger would have
- A bachelors degree in business/logistics and six years relevant experience or MBA
· Previous experience bringing a company to scale.
- Have previous work experience in Africa and speak Kiswahili.
· Be computer proficient and familiar with Microsoft Office products.
· Accomplished manager of time and stress as well as possessing the ability to delegate effectively.
Who Is Takamoto Biogas?
Takamoto Biogas (www.takamotobiogas.com) is a rapidly growing renewable energy company in Nairobi providing biogas systems to small farmers in rural Kenya.
Building on three years of market research and installation experience, we have developed a first of its kind technology and business model that will bring the many benefits of biogas energy to rural farmers in Kenya. We believe that everyone should have access to clean, reliable, affordable and sustainable energy. We have developed a biogas model called Pay-as-you-go Biogas (PAYG Biogas) where our clients pay a small fee to install a biogas system on their compound and then only pay for the biogas that they use. This model eliminates the main hurdle to traditional biogas adoption – the high upfront cost.
In Kenya alone, there are two million farmers with at least one cow who are potential clients. We have piloted our patent pending technology in Githunguri, installing over 100 systems in less than 7 months. Having proven the demand, we are now preparing to scale up our operations to provide PAYG Biogas to every family that wants it.
On its way to this goal, Takamoto Biogas is looking for a motivated, proactive and creative Field Operations Manager. This is a rare opportunity to help lead a unique socially responsible organization as we scale a first of its kind technology and an innovative business model to bring energy to the millions at the base of the economic pyramid in Kenya and beyond.
To apply for this position, please fill out application form at www.takamotobiogas.com/join-us/careers