Our client, Mwalimu National Sacco Society Ltd, is a leading ISO certified organization mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
With a net worth of over Ksh. 20 billion, a membership in excess of 60,000 members and eleven (11) branches spread across Kenya, Mwalimu National Sacco stands out as a leader in the sector and is geared to become a key player in the region’s financial services sector.
Mwalimu Sacco has consecutively won the Best Managed Sacco Award, demonstrating the organisation’s commitment to excellence.
Mwalimu Sacco is seeking to recruit dynamic, ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the following position:
Human Resources Manager
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will develop and deliver people management strategies which support the Sacco’s overall strategic aims and objectives.
S/he will contribute at both strategic and operations level in order to identify human resources priorities and recommend appropriate people management solutions which support business aims, in addition to providing a customer-focused HR service.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing the annual HR business plans derived from the Strategic Plan;
- Identifying, designing and implementing strategic HR projects, as and when required.
- Developing, reviewing and ensuring compliance with HR practices and procedures;
- Developing and implementing effective and equitable job grading and salary structures;
- Preparing and monitoring the departmental budget;
- Developing manpower plans, conducting recruitment and selection, induction and development programs;
- Coordinating, monitoring and evaluating performance management and appraisal processes;
- Driving staff engagement initiatives;
- Managing employee relations and grievance processes;
- Ensuring a conducive work environment and overseeing employee welfare, safety and health; and
- Preparing HR metrics and reports on all staff HR related issues.
Key qualifications, knowledge and experience required:
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Strategic Management or Human Resources Management;
- A member of Institute of Human Resources Management. A higher Diploma in Human Resource Management will be an added advantage;
- At least 10 years human resource generalist working experience of which at least five (5) should be in a senior management position heading a HR function;
- Understanding and working knowledge of Labour laws and Labour Union activities;
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills; and
- Excellent counselling skills.
How to Apply
Applicants for the all the positions above must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
Good analytical skills and knowledge of ICT applications and attention to details are also critical competencies. In addition they must be self-driven, have ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and have excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the above roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts and quoting the respective reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received by 21 November, 2014 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited