The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to recruit self motivated and qualified professionals for the following vacant positions:
Chief ICT Officer (Systems Development)
KNEC Scale EC 12
The Chief ICT Officer will be reporting to a Head of Division in the ICT Department.
- Liaise with user departments to understand the business processes/problems, review and evaluate existing/proposed systems and make recommendations on suitable solutions;
- Design and develop systems for administration and management of business processes as well as conducting trial runs of the systems to ensure compliance with desired results;
- Develop a deployment plan for the systems developed including installation, testing and training;
- Progress the existing software system applications and architecture in various areas as business process demands;
- Guide, mentor and supervise a team of developers;
- Managing access controls and security;
- Monitor the performance and integration of specified applications at section level;
- Perform project management function when required.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology OR any other ICT related discipline;
- Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, OR equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- ICT qualifications such as CISSCO, CCNA, CISSA, .NET etc;
- At least three (3) years experience as a Senior Information Communication Technology Officer or nine (9) years work experience at a senior level in a related field;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a reputable institution;
- Hands-on experience in use of Java, visual Studio, SQL Server, Business Intelligence reporting tools or other web application frameworks;
- A record of successful delivery of large application systems as a team or leader. Those with examinations-related applications will have an added advantage;
- Ability to work with technical and non-technical business process owners to get things done;
- Must have a minimum grade of C+ and above in KCSE or equivalent qualifications
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before Friday, October 03, 2014 to:
The Head of Human Resources Division
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P O Box 73598 - 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.