The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) wishes to recruit a self motivated and qualified professional for the following vacant position:
Chief ICT Officer, Network Administration
KNEC Scale EC 12
The Chief ICT Officer will be reporting to the Head of Division in the ICT Department.
- Managing infrastructure servers to ensure availability and reliable data communications;
- Manage and administer the security and backup systems;
- Manage the Council e-mail system for quotas, accessibility, upgrade and abuse for efficient communication;
- Manage the physical network infrastructure including wired and wireless LAN, to ensure access to the network;
- Liaise with contracted vendors on maintenance of WAN/LAN resources to ensure optimum availability;
- Evaluate and recommend the acquisition of network hardware and software;
- Perform project management functions when necessary;
- Providing regular feedback on network performance and system administration for administrative purposes;
- Assign and review the work of network and system administrators in the section.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Information Communications Technology or any other ICT related discipline;
- Masters Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- ICT qualifications such as CISSCO, CCNA, CISSA, .NET etc;
- Microsoft Certification MCSE (Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server) & CCNA;
- At least three (3) years experience as a Senior Information Communication Technology Officer OR nine (9) years work experience at a senior level in a related field;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a reputable institution;
- Thorough knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, such as VSAT, WLANs, VPN, etc;
- Data centre skills and certifications will have an added advantage e.g. certified data professional, blades certifications;
- Must have a minimum grade of C+ and above in KCSE or equivalent qualifications.
Terms of Offer: The Council will offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with seniority and responsibilities of the position.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward their applications enclosing certified copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed curriculum vitae giving details of day time telephone contact, e-mail addresses, current remuneration (enclose copy of your latest pay slip), names and valid current contacts of two referees on or before Friday, October 03, 2014 to:
The Head of Human Resources Division
The Kenya National Examinations Council
P O Box 73598 - 00200
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will result to automatic disqualification.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a psychometric test to be administered by the Council.
KNEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and people with Disability are encouraged to apply.