Job: Network Engineer
Reporting Lines: Technical Manager
Location: Nairobi Office
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Engineering, Telecoms or related field
- Must hold Cisco CCNP or Juniper JNCIP certification
- Advanced knowledge of BGP, MPLS (L2 and L3 VPNs), ISIS and OSPF both in IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Knowledge of optical transmission systems (SDH, OTN, Metro Ethernet), wireless, W1MAX and Satellite systems
- Knowledge of shell or perl scripting.
- Proficient with Network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, Cacti, Cricket, Smokeping etc
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Experience in leading a project team
- At least 5-6 years’ experience in a technical role, including 3 years spent in a Service Provider environment
Job Summary: As a Network Engineer you will be primarily responsible for maintaining, upgrading and developing iWayAfrica’s multiservice network infrastructure and implementing changes in response to user requests and project work.
You will be required to be a mentor to less experienced staff and deal with escalated issues from other members of the team and other departments.
- Diagnose and resolve faults on the network devices such as routers switches, firewalls, bandwidth managers and cache appliances
- Ensure the core network performance and availability is within the stipulated Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Produce network designs to meet tactical and commercial expectations
- Ensure key network performance parameters are monitored by Customer Services team and propose improvements in monitoring to accurately measure the overall performance of the network
- Liaise with third-party vendors in the resolution of network equipment faults
- Handle second or third level escalations from Customer Services team or any other team members who identify operational problems and contribute to their resolution
- Act as the technical lead for projects in the IP network
- Liaise with Customer Services and Internal Business Support teams to ensure systems they manage interact optimally with the IP network
Should you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in applying for this demanding position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ref: Network Engineer.
The Closing date for this advertised position is: 4th November 2016
No late CVs will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.