Background: Kiambaa Dairy Farmers Cooperative Society was formed in 1963 with the core objective of marketing milk for small scale dairy farmers in the then Kiambaa Location.
Located about 15 km from Nairobi Central business district, the society serves small, medium and large scale dairy farmers within Kiambaa sub-county and its environs.
The society has grown to a membership of over 4000 farmers.
Since 2012, the society has been undertaking value addition producing Dafina yoghurt sold which is sold in major supermarkets countrywide.
We wish to recruit a highly competent, proactive and self driven persons to fill the positions of:
Finance & Administration Manager
overall operations strategy.
Key Roles and Responsibility
- Preparation and interpretation of financial reports ; managing overall work process of the finance unit by ensuring effective work assignment, supervision and staff development
- Facilitate development, implementation and maintenance of appropriate financial policies, standards and procedures
- Provide operational financial support and guidance on budgets and budgetary control.
- Facilitate, update and maintenance of all policies relating to financial management, financial controls and risk management
- Offer leadership in overall strategic plan implementation that includes the activities targets and projections
- Ensure regulatory compliance , appropriate treasury management and capital adequacy
- Deputize the society CEO
- Hold a B.Com (finance) degree or its equivalent
- Be a (CPA-K) with at least 5 years progressive senior level experience
- Should have knowledge of international financial reporting standards
- Be a member of ICPAK
- Posses good presentation skills, leadership skills, initiative and be result oriented
- Having experience ¡n the Dairy Sector management is an added advantage
- Certificate of good conduct
- Above 30 years
(1 Position) (New Post)
He/She shall report to the executive board.
He/ She will continuously assess society risks and monitor all the other departments / operations /functions of the Society in order to operate in an effective and efficient manner.
- Design the function, procedures and reporting requirements for the new internal audit department for adoption by the executive board
- Preparing of audit plans inline with society requirement
- Establishing and maintaining policies, standard and guidelines Specific to the effective discharge of roles and responsibilities of the internal audit function
- Reviewing, evaluating and reporting on adequacy of laid down policies, procedure and controls
- Assessing risks to the Society with a focus on threats to existing operations and profitability
- Evaluating and advising management and the board on the adequacy of internal controls and procedures in place
- Performing reviews of information Systems installation and service to determine the adequacy of logical and physical security controls and backups
- Ensuring that all recommendation by the eternal auditors and relevant authorities are implemented
- Be a CPA (K) and ICPAK member
- B.Com Finance or equivalent with CPA II
- 5 year working experience in an internal audit department for busy organization or 5 years experience in a busy audit firm
- Team player with good communication, interpersonal Skills and high integrity
- Above 27 years
Senior Accounts Officer
He/She shall report to finance and administration manager.
He/She shall be required to ensure that all Society accounts are kept up to date at any given time.
He/She should ensure compliance of overall laid down accounting procedures, processes and standards by his/her juniors
- Maintaining society petty cash books
- Ensuring all Society debtors are invoiced in time and all dues collected
- Ensuring that all Society creditors are verified and paid on time
- Ensuring that all Society incomes and expenses are prudently recorded and realized
- Offer leadership in accounts department by ensuring that laid down accounting procedures , processes and Standards are followed
- Filing of all Statutory deductions within the Set deadlines
- A team player, with good communication Skills and high integrity
- A diploma in business course and CPA II
- Or a business degree course and CPA I
- Three years accounting experience in a busy organization
- Computer proficiency in accounting packages
- Experience in a dairy cooperative Society will be an added advantage
- Over 25 years
- Honesty, team player with good communication skills and high integrity
Interested candidates should send us their application and updated curriculum vitae (Ms Word Format) via email email@example.com to reach us on or before 27th February 2015.
Subject of the email should be position applied
Kiambaa Dairy Farmers Cooperative Society is an equal opportunity employer