Our client, Mwalimu National Sacco Society Ltd, is a leading ISO certified organization mandated to mobilize savings and give credit to its members.
With a net worth of over Ksh. 20 billion, a membership in excess of 60,000 members and eleven (11) branches spread across Kenya, Mwalimu National Sacco stands out as a leader in the sector and is geared to become a key player in the region’s financial services sector.
Mwalimu Sacco has consecutively won the Best Managed Sacco Award, demonstrating the organisation’s commitment to excellence.
Mwalimu Sacco is seeking to recruit dynamic, ambitious and result oriented individuals to fill the following position:
Head of Finance & Strategy
The incumbent will provide effective and efficient co-ordination and supervision of financial management and reporting of the Sacco by developing and implementing sound accounting and financial systems and internal control procedures in accordance with international financial standards, policies, guidelines and procedures.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- In liaison with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), formulating corporate strategies, monitoring and overseeing their successful implementation;
- Developing new areas of business that accelerate revenue generation and attainment of the organisation’s growth and competitive strategies;
- Providing relevant financial information and reports on the Sacco’s performance on periodic basis, ensure compliance with current SASRA directives, the Companies Act, Sacco and SASRA guidelines;
- Preparing timely financial statements and reports as required by all pertinent laws and regulations;
- Coordinate effective treasury management to ensure optimum utilization of funds;
- Preparing, controlling and monitoring the Sacco’s revenue and expenditure budget;
- Creating and maintaining strong financial discipline by planning, controlling and reporting on the Sacco’s financial performance to the Board of Directors and the senior management team;
- Monitoring the fixed assets register, provision accounts and investment portfolio;
- Ensuring financial and management controls are in place and report on any irregularity and noncompliance which have a financial implication; and
- Maintaining a good working relationship with various stakeholders towards attainment of the Sacco’s development plans and its investments.
Key qualifications, knowledge and experience required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or related field. A Masters degree will be an added advantage;
- Possess professional accounting qualification CPA(K), ACCA, ACA and a registered member of ICPAK;
- A minimum of five 5 years working experience at senior management level as a Finance Manager or its equivalent;
- Demonstrable financial management experience and knowledge on all aspects of a financial institution, accounting and IFRS standards, SACCO guidelines and SASRA guidelines; and
- Excellent leadership skills particularly in strategy formulation and execution.
How to Apply
Applicants for the all the positions above must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, demonstrated interpersonal and organizational skills.
Good analytical skills and knowledge of ICT applications and attention to details are also critical competencies. In addition they must be self-driven, have ability to achieve results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with shifting priorities and have excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for the above roles, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail and telephone contacts and quoting the respective reference number on your application letter.
To be considered, your application must be received by 21 November, 2014 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited